Here you will find the most common questions that we are asked at Paso Robles Housing Authority. If you don’t find an answer here please reach out to us and we will get you an answer to your question.

In the Paso Robles Housing Authority (PRHA) a government agency?

Housing authorities have a strong relationship with local, state, and federal governments, they are actually independent agencies. Charted under state law, a housing authority is an autonomous, not-for-profit public corporation serving the low-income population. Housing authorities do not receive any funds from state or local governments.

What does PRHA do?

PRHA develops and manages quality affordable housing projects in Paso Robles and northern County of San Luis Obispo. Additionally, through its non-profit affiliate Affordable Housing Paso Robles provides community services to its residents and youth to help and enrich their lives.

Does PRHA provide section 8 voucher?

No, section 8 vouchers in San Luis Obispo County are handled by the Housing Authority of San Luis Obispo.

Who does the PRHA server?

PRHA serves low and very low-income people of San Luis Obispo County. PRHA residents are working families, single parents, seniors and people with disabilities or special needs.

Does PRHA work with other organization’s?

PRHA works closely with other community–based organizations which provide services and classes to the residents of our rental developments. PRHA also partners with other non-profit and for-profits organization to facilitate the development of affordable housing rental projects.

What is the YouthWorks program?

YouthWorks is a youth program provided to the Community with a mission to teach youth leadership skills and job skills to prepare them for the world of work. YouthWorks draws from north San Luis Obispo County, serving about 500 youth from 6 to 24 years old. YouthWorks operates year-round, and the program is free to all residents of PRHA housing developments.

How does PRHA finance its developments?

PRHA financing generally comes from many sources including the City, County, banks, state and federal government loan programs including an equity investment partner utilizing the low income housing tax credit program.

Does PRHA accept donations?

PRHA does accept monetary donations and product donations that can be used for our YouthWorks program and rental properties. Donations are made through our non-profit affiliate Affordable Housing Paso Robles and are tax deductible.